January 27, 2010

You Know You Should Have Gone Back To Bed When....

....you made your husband rearrange his work schedule so you could go to the dentist and then you forgot about your appointment

....you try and be nice and make a meal for the x family and then drop their meal on their dead rosebushes

...you try and salvage the meal by taking out the dead leaves and reshifting the food

...you give them their meal while praying they dont have any dirt, leaves or snow in their food

...you realize on the walk home that the proper thing to do would have been to go back home and get your own meal to give them and you wonder why that thought didn't occur to you while you were staring at their meal on the rose bushes

...you also realize on the walk home that this would be a good post so you plan on taking a picture of the three of you bundled up but that when you get home to take the picture you rolled the stroller into the house, getting snow and dirt and mud all over your living room

...you unbundle everyone, put your baby in his crib and start washing off the mud to be interrupted by your crying baby

...you go take care of your crying baby and come back to the living room to find your daughter pushing the dirty stroller (that you left in the entryway) over the spots you had just cleaned

...you start laughing hysterically which confuses said daughter and makes her cry

...you pick your daughter up to console her to find that your baby is once again crying

...you find yourself nursing your baby while making dinner for your confused, upset daughter who is demanding to also be held

...you remember you had already made a meal for the day, a copy of the meal that had fallen on the rosebushes, and don't need to make a new one for your distraught child

Has anyone seen my brain cells? I swear I used to have some but they got lost.


5 comments:

Barb said...

I think I feel like Aleah at times! hahaha. Bring her to me and we can relate. ;)

Evan said...

Oh...my...gosh! Forgetting about the dentist appointment should have been the red flag to forget the day, go back to bed, and have me stay home. I was wondering where those dark streaks were on the carpet when I cam home tonight.

Evan said...

By the way, where is my brain celled wife that I married?

K-Krew said...

Whew! What a day! I'm glad you were able to laugh about it though too ;)

Suzer said...

Oh no. It's hitting you! I swear it happens to all moms! I lost my brain cells years ago! Now I have to write everything down. I'm sure you didn't love the day but it was definitely a good read! :-) It's all worth it.