I got behind on blogging! It's been a chaotic week!
We sold my car. My sister needed a car and we were planning on selling it eventually so we just sold it a little earlier. Now we are one step closer to a ....... minivan!! I was one of those who swore I would never get a minivan. I think I also said I would never live in Utah after graduating from BYU. I think I also said I would never marry someone from the mission. I think I've learned to stop saying "I would never....."
I'm so excited to get a van! I dream of car doors that slide open instead of swing open. I long to buckle in my kids without bending down and killing my back. I am eager to have more vehicle surrounding my children for more protection in case we are ever in an accident. I used to want an SUV. After a horrible thing happened to a good friend of mine, I will never in my life get an SUV. I just said "never." Ok, I hope I don't get one.
Since we are faithfully following the total money makeover, we are waiting until we can pay 100% cash. In the meantime, we have one car between us. Whoohoo!
8 comments:
good job guys! i thought i would never have a mini van either. but i loved it. now it is too small and we really need to upgrade to the suv...one day.
Way to go! I love my van! Mine was used and I got a very good deal, it came with dents and scratches and I LOVE IT!
I want to hear why you are affrais of suv's that is my next step, suburban or something.
We are a one car family - the one car being the van. It works well with Dougs work schedule!
Good job!
I'm going to blog more because of you. You made a mention on my blog today. :)
The SUV thing happened a year and a half ago. My friend's son was killed instantly from an SUV rollover. It was very, very traumatic for everyone involved, including myself. I think Surburbans are safer than most SUV's but I'm not sure.
I love our minivan - even though I said I would NEVER get one.
We don't have them but I think the automatic doors might be a nice feature too.
Kristel, I felt the same way about a van but they are awesome with little kids and much easier to put them in. You'll love the extra room when you go on trips. I definitely recommend automatic doors. They are wonderful. Stow & Go would be nice too but we don't have it. Our seats can be taken out easily & I also recommend leather with little kids. Easy clean-up. Our kids also wish their windows would open. I've noticed that the newer vans do that like Blake & Jenna's.
I bet I was one of few single college girls you knew that drove a minivan! But I am glad, because even when we had to replace it, we decided to stay with a minivan when we had one kid - which is good because we are STILL a one car family, so thank goodness we have a minivan to prepare for more kids.
I forgot to mention that I love our stow-n-go feature and I hear leather seats are wonderful for quick clean-up.
Is "total money makeover" a book?
Post a Comment