January 03, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


It's been ten years since the end of the world was supposed to happen (Y2K). I seriously cannot believe it's also been ten years since I have been home from my mission. Time seems to slip between our fingers and before we know it you're married and have two kids! Crazy.

Lately my life is all about goals...especially at work.  I was promoted to a sales rep at work and have sales quotas I need to meet know and am required to have daily, weekly, and monthly goals to help me succeed and progress.  December 2009 was my first month off guaruntee commission and was concerned if I would meet quota because my first and second month it didn't happen.  My concern soon turned to joy because not only did I meet quota I exceeded it!  It was such a good feeling to be able to accomplish and complete goals I set for myself.  Now I just need to work on my personal goals and accomplish them.  It is more difficult to hold yourself responsible rather than your boss at work.

There are two or three main goals that I want to accomplish this year and am determined to make it happen.  One of them is probably on the top of the list with 90% of the population...eat more healthy, exercise more, and lose weight.  I currenlty eat like crap, don't exercise, and am a fatty.  "Today I begin a new life!"  With Kristel on board I hope it will make it easier, hold me accountable, and stay motivated.

Another goal of mine is to build up our food storage and emergency supplies.  For the past year I have felt an urgency to get it done and get things in order.  I don't know if anything will happen or if we'll even need it, but I feel that it is a prompting from the Lord, and "I must obey."  Part of getting things in order is focusing on becoming financially independent and getting rid of debt.  We plan to pay over $15,000 in debt this year...hopefully more.  It's been also a year since we have used a credit card and plan never to again.  We're sticking to a budget and only paying cash for the things we want and need.  We are "living like no one else so later we can live like no one else."  Here's to 2010!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Good Luck Evan! You can do it!

Suzer said...

Cool Ev, you inspire me to do it too.