January 09, 2010

You Know You Are Ready To Go Back To Work When...

your husband is trying to leave for work and you are trying to stall him to the point where he will finally call in sick

you watch cars go by out the window longingly wondering where they are going

you look through your phone book wondering who you can drop in and visit and then remember it's saturday so everyone's husband is home and they probably don't want you dropping in

you look around at your dirty house and wish you were somewhere else

you wonder if you should walk the mall AGAIN just to get out of the house

you can't think of anything else to do while the kids are napping so you bake up a delicious treat and eat the whole thing by yourself and gain 10 more pounds

you have distant memories of thoughts such as "I CAN'T WAIT til I can be home and not have to go anywhere."


Two more weeks, it's back to work I go. But before you judge me and think I'm an awful mother for wanting to work, calm down. I'm only going back one day a week. And I am excited!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

You could always stop by and visit me on Saturdays, Derek always works them.

Kelli said...

LOL! I totally get what you are saying. There are good things to working outside the home.

Kim said...

There are always good things and bad things about staying at home. My problem is the opposite, I wish I could spend more time with my family.