- Benefits. Being self-employed and paying out the yinyang for insurance hasn't been fun. Plus the actual benefit wasn't that great. VW has great benefits with 100% coverage for health, dental, and vision. Plus they have a 401K and tuition reimbursement, which will be nice since I am also going back to school.
- Income Consistency. I love the freedom and flexibility of being self-employed, but don't like the inconsistency of getting paid. We need something more consistent and something that we can count on every month and then anything Aflac brings in will be a bonus!
- The Total Money Makeover. We're applying the commonsense principles of The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey to get out of debt within 2-5 years and getting a second job is part of that plan. Anyone want to buy a banana chair?
- Marital bliss. Not that we've been unhappy, but finances can always push each others buttons. Hopefully this will help avoid any conflicts or contention.
July 22, 2008
Evan Gets A Second Job!
It's true. On top of being an Independent Associate with Aflac, starting August 4th I will also be working for Verizon Wireless! Getting a second job has been on the back of my mind and in "the plan" for quite some time now, and I have been keeping my eyes open for the right opportunity. I have been actually holding out and hoping I'd get hired on with Verizon Wireless (VW) for a few reasons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I LOVE Dave Ramsey!! We went through his Financial Peace University as an office, and just went to see him live in May. It was awesome. He really knows what he's talking about!
Good luck with the 2nd job! Dave would be proud... :D
YEAH! Way to go!! I was wondering what was going on with that.
Congrats on the new job, Ev! Bob always had 3 to 4 jobs at all times when you kids were growing up! ALSO CONGRATS on the "Dave Ramsey" adventure . . . we love the principles he teaches and the crazy thing . . . THEY WORK!
Now you are going to be a verizon guy like kyle......i can see you guys talking all the time about cell phones.
Congrats! And I've heard great things about Dave Ramsey's program, so good luck with that :)
Ev, I hope you like Verizon. Brad says that CS is the best position for a part-timer so you should do great. Good luck with that!
Hey, and I keep meaning to ask you about Aflac--when would I be eligible?
Post a Comment