Aleah is one week old today. I feel like I have heaven living in my home. She is so sweet and so wonderful and so adorable. I feel incredibly privileged that God has sent this special child to our family. I love being her mother!
Our lives have changed drastically. We have broadened the topics of our daily conversation (e.g. analyzing the color of poop and her every sound/expression). I now measure time based on her feedings and when I can take my next pain pill. People who we normally probably would never have talked with arrive at the door with well wishes and good food. Sleep is no longer about quantity but all about quality. The majority of my thoughts and prayers are no longer about myself but all about the comfort of my daughter. I can spend hours looking at her fingers and toes. I can feel absolute and complete joy when she flashes me a gorgeous smile though she doesn't realize yet what a smile is. I'm not sure if I have ever been able to live so happily in the moment.
It's been a good first week :)
10 comments:
That is the sweetest picture of you two. Being a mom is the most amazing experience. The love you have for your children is undescriable. WE are so excited for you guys... Take care
GOOD LUCK!
I agree that that is a very sweet picture of you two! Congrats and thanks for sharing those thoughts. I'm so curious what it's like and I feel like July is forever away!
I am so happy for you and Evan! I love being a mom too! It's amazing how your life changes in an instant!
you almost make me cry:)
you are doing a really good job, and she is perfect. we are so happy for you and evan!
I am truly greatful for you guys! That is a very sweet picture. Parenthood is the most rewarding thing we can experience in this life. Kristel, you will make a great mommy! Enjoy every moment because time flys and the sleepless nights will soon be replaced with new challenges. :)
Sister, did she pass the hearing screening in the hospital?
I noticed you are reading Lonesome Dove! or at least you were before you had a newborn. You probably fall asleep everytime you crack open a book these days... Still I hope you like that book, it's a good one. We'll talk when you get through all 1,000 pages, like next year maybe.
Yes, she did pass the hearing screen but I knew she would cuz the hearing loss is late onset. No one in the fam has ever had it from birth.
Kristel and Evan, CONGRATULATIONS! She looks absolutely beautiful. I know Eli is only 8 months old, but looking at your picture almost, (let me reiterate that) almost, made me want to have another one! Sara a.k.a Sister Nuttall
well said...and you two look so sweet together. I love that bath towel - so soft. Lucy had the same one when she was a baby, in fact we're still using it now with Andrew :)
Post a Comment