February 10, 2008

Are We Ready For This?

Last night Kristel and I babysat for one of my brothers. They have a girl that's almost three years old and a boy that's four months. The girl did very well all night long, but the baby had a rough night. As he fell asleep on my wife I asked her, "Are we ready for this?" We both agreed that we are not ready for the life changing event that will take place in just over two months now when we welcome a baby of our own in the world. I don't think anyone would be ready for that big of a change and we hear about it daily from friends in the ward and family. It was good to babysit though to help prepare us for what is to come.

5 comments:

Mikie said...

It wasn't that bad was it?

Evan said...

No it wasn't. It was great!

Aaron and Emily said...

You're having a baby! That's wonderful! Boy or girl. I have already added a link to your page from ours.

Kristel said...

No, Mike, it wasn't bad at all. We just felt bad that it took us so long to console him. His tears broke our hearts. We didn't exactly feel "skilled" at helping him become calm.

Suzer said...

Don't feel too bad Ev & Kristel. Babies always like their Mom's the best (no offense to the ones tending). You'll totally know what I mean pretty soon.