February 05, 2008

5:00 am Mysteries of the World

My sleep habits are changing as I am in growing in size so it was no surprise that I woke up at 5 wondering what to do with myself. I thought about all the things that needed to be done--cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming, organizing my craft stuff, grocery shopping, etc. I always feel torn if I want to get out of bed before Evan though. He is so dang sensitive to sound that I can hardly move without him waking up. And 5 was too early to interrupt his beauty sleep. So I decided to stay in bed and ponder the mysteries of the world. I even came up with a couple solutions.

1) How can you format posts on blogger.com so that you can have some variety? My solution--Power Point Formatting! It's perfect! You can add a chart there, a picture here and text there. And each post can have it's own look.

2) What would our country be like if Hillary Clinton won the presidency? I couldn't come up with any solutions. I'm bummed that I can't vote in both parties primaries today.

3) When someone you care about is being harmed or harming others, the only option available is to call the police or CPS. I wish there was some kind of middle ground place that people can call to get help with their loved ones without first having to go to the law. I thought of a few ideas but not many solutions.

4) Finally, I pondered how I could position my body in such a way that I could sleep for a while without either my back or legs hurting. Pillow between my knees helps my back but hurts my legs. No pillow helps my legs but kills my back. I fell back asleep to one solution-- laying halfway between my left side and my back with a pillow behind me. That way my legs could be straight out and my back still got support. It worked for a while :)

2 comments:

Barb said...

Very good thoughts Kristel.
I usually get out of bed so I stop thinking!

Evan said...

i hate waking up early and being wide awake not being able to sleep. when that usually happens i get up and read blogs.