October 26, 2007

Unleash Your Personal Power!

Take ActionEver since the day Kristel gave me the greeting card that had a pregnancy test in it and informing me that I was going to be a daddy the pressure has slowly been increasing with each passing day. Pressure that Kristel will stop working in six months, thus not generating an income that pays the mortgage and not being able to provide for my new family. I know that things will work out and things will be okay, but there's always that voice in the back of my mind that says, "You're so totally screwed!"

I've been trying to keep a postive mental attitude and have finally decided to listen to Anthony Robbins "Personal Power" tape cassette series. See, my brother Steve gave the set to me several months ago that he got in a garage sale swap, and it's been sitting on the top of my desk collecting dust. This week I listened to the first tape and am excited, motivated, inspired, yet intimidated to say the least. Mr. Robbins does have some techniques that ring true and if applied can increase not only my financial, but spiritual, physcial, and mental well being. The key is to act! One can listen to motivational tapes and read motivational books their whole life, but if one never takes action nothing will ever happen.

That's how I've been lately with my second job selling insurance for American Family Life Assurance Company (aka AFLAC). This job has great potential and have seen it personally and with others I work with. The commissions, rewards, and incentives are fantastic and can make a lot of money...that is if you act! I never pictured myself as an insurance salesman, I don't think anyone does who have chosen that career, but I believe in it and believe I can succeed at it! I just need to act! Hopefuly Tony can help me to unleash my personal power with the help of family and friends to motivate me and keep me pushing on until I get comfortable enough where I can have it be a part of my daily life without question. "I will succeed!" "I will develop good habits and become their slave!" "Failure is not part of my vocabulary!" "TODAY I BEGIN A NEW LIFE!" (Quotes by Og Mandino).

It's Up To Me

7 comments:

Barb said...

It's a lot like faith.

YOU WILL SUCCEED!

Ker said...

Yes Ev you will! You are awesome and if anyone can help you achieve success its Tony Robbins! Go Fight WIN! Aflac is a great tool to get you there little brother. Dont be afraid to unleash that power within!

Kristel said...

Thank you Steve for providing my husband motivational tapes that help him realize that all will work out. As for the pressure I feel-- it's only in my growing gut! I can't wait to be a full time homemaker :)

Barb said...

I thought you were going to work part-time, Kristel?

BLADERUNNER said...

In the immortal words of Rob Snider (I forget which movie):

"You can do it!"

Kristel said...

I will have three months of maternity leave and then go back probably once a week for 4 hours. But I think that still qualifies as being a stay-at-home mom. 4 hours isn't a lot. Unless of course our mortgage is in trouble, then I'll work more. But I don't think that will be the issue.

Evan said...

Rob Snider has said those infamous words in almost every movie that he's been in. Thanks for all your support.