Evan called me from work today and declared it was snowing in Orem. He announced "it's time to watch ELF!" Elf is one of our favorite Christmas movies and Evan reminded me that we always watch it with the first snow fall.
We've spent the last few days decorating for Halloween. We still need to do the front porch but the inside of the house is pretty decked out. New this year is skeleton garland wrapped around the entertainment center and hanging bats from the ceiling :)
Also with Fall comes my desire to sew. I avoid my sewing machine all summer. But the winds come, the leaves fall, the sky grows darker, and bam, I want to sew. My current project is a Halloween advent calendar. And it's so stinkin' cute. I thought I created the idea but I found one online at the Pottery Barn for $60!! Yeah right. Though after spending hours on this little calendar, I would probably charge that much too (mine is cuter though). I still need to add the numbers and the back but soon it will be ready to be put in use.Yet another tradition that has developed is bread bowls. Don't you just want to eat soup once the Fall comes? We eat a lot of soup in October. And Macey's has excellent bread bowls for soup. A few days before Halloween they come out with Pumpkin soup bowls. Come halloween night, you will find us sipping soup out of pumpkin bread bowls and getting all decked out in costumes. Then we sit and wait. And wait. And wonder, why don't kids start trick or treating earlier?! When the doorbell finally starts ringing, our hearts alight and our scary faces come out.
We have identified what we want to be for Halloween and are acquiring all the pieces. I'm proud to report my total costume cost was $14. Evan's cost $20. We still might need to add a few accessories though. Of course we are looking forward to scaring the kids come trick or treat time. One thing that will be different about this halloween is that my mom will be with us. She will get to witness first hand just how much we get into the holiday.
So, yep, we love the Fall!
4 comments:
Yep! Halloween/Fall and the succeeding holidays are my favorite times of the year. And by the way, it's not an "advent" calendar...rather a "countdown" calendar!
Whatever! You know I've already won this disagreement many times over. It's an advent calendar. (Your mom is on my side of this too).
What are you guys going to be for Halloween?
Vampires! :)
Post a Comment