Evan was sustained and set apart today as Elder's Quorum President. I was invited to attend Priesthood today, along with the wives of the other presidency members. The Stake President set Evan apart and promised him with some very cool things. Then Evan joined the circle to assist in setting apart the other members of the presidency. It was pretty remarkable to watch Evan and remember just how far he has come in the last few years.
As I watched it all, I couldn't help but think about what a great time of life it is for us. I feel richly blessed to have the Gospel in my life. I'm so excited we are starting our family. I'm grateful for the 30 years of life experience that has brought us to where we are today. I'm grateful that God is aware of us and bestows kindness on us daily. It's been a fantastic year and it keeps getting better. I think it's good for Evan to have a new calling that challenges him and helps him remember to be a better person. It's good for me too to get out of my comfort zone and become more involved in the ward. I've been a little too comfortable staying on the primary island! So, life is good and we are happy and ready to take on our new challenges.
3 comments:
I'm grateful too!
You'll do great Ev!
Wow you are behind...check out my blog..i've been busy
Post a Comment