October 02, 2007

S-C-R-A-B-B-L-E

Kristel and I both love to play games of all kinds. Scrabble is one of our favorites! During the summer we played Scrabble every night for seriously two months straight! I even bought a Travel Scrabble to take with us on our trip to Italy. It came in very handy when our plane was delayed 12 hours in Boston and for the very long plane and train rides. We both thought we were pretty good at Scrabble...that is until we watched the National Scrabble Championships on ESPN2 this weekend. The contestants...10-year olds. Their score...more than double what Kristel and I ususally score. They were usuing words I never dreamed of and putting them in places on the Scrabble board that was unimaginable to me. Nevertheless, it sparked the desire to develop my Scrabble game. Today I bought the Official Scrabble Dictionary from Barnes and Noble. I'm hoping it will improve my game dramatically especially in the "official" accepted two-letter word department. Some of our other favorite games include Rummy, Ticket to Ride, and Settlers of Zarahemla. If there's anyone out there who'd like to take us on for a night of Scrabble we would be more than willing!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Kristel and I have been playing online... :-)

Suzer said...

Yeah Ev, we'd definitely be up for a game night sometime.....hmmmm what about the kids...enjoy the game playing while you can!!! (Just a warning)

Michelle said...

We have a scrabble scramble night in January if you want to come up and join the fun. There is a $75 entrance fee but that includes 3 people, snack buffet and a chance at some great prizes. More information is at this link: http://library.loganutah.org/local/events/Event.cfm?Event=Scrabble%20Scramble