September 13, 2009

Halloween Is Coming....Among Other Things


I look forward to the Fall holidays all year long. Who doesn't love the Fall holidays?! I've started dreaming of Halloween cakes I want to decorate. Not that I can eat them since I'm on a ridicously strict diet. But I still want to make one. I'm feeling very pregnant so who knows if it will actually happen but I'm still dreaming!

An even more ambitious project is Aleah's costume. If I were smart, she would be a cow, because we have a cow costume that fits her great. But I'm not smart, I want to make her a duck costume. She LOVES ducks. Quacks her heart out on a daily basis. This is the one I'm thinking of making http://www.simplicity.com/p-1726-costumes.aspx#

Evan thinks I should be a big round pumpkin. I don't want to be a pumpkin. Trying to think of other "round" costumes. Only thing that comes to mind is a tomato. No, I'm not going to be a vegetable! Or an Easter Egg! Truth be told, I already know what I'm going to be but I'm not telling, you'll have to wait and see......

We'll be scheduling our c-section this week so soon I will know the exact day and time our little guy will be joining us. Thanks to being at the end of the Scoresby line, we totally got the hook up with baby boy clothes. We are so blessed!

Oh yeah, before I forget! Aleah is starting to potty train herself!! It's freaking me out. She's only 16 months and I know I should be grateful. But I feel totally unready for this developmental milestone, totally unready!

4 comments:

Suzer said...

Oh, I hate potty training, but be grateful she's trying to do it herself because it's so much easier! Cam was my only one who did that and he was so easy to train compared to the other two. It took Ashley three different attempts to do it.

If you're really feeling industrious you should make that costume. It's so stinking cute! I was always going to make a lion or bear costume for the boys and never did. Sad. I do have a lamb costume which I made for Ashley if you want to borrow it. It's the only one I ever made. (sad)

Anonymous said...

You and I need to have a talk sometime....I have a proposal. Would you like/be willing to have Abbie "nanny" for you. It's really "mommy lessons" She can clean, cook, play with Aleah, etc...she's quite experienced, mostly with twins :)
She'll help you but I'll pay her...sort of like I would pay for piano lessons.
She could come after school one or two days a week, or...
Like I said, we need to talk.
If it doesn't sound helpful say NO!

K-Krew said...

I thought of an 8 ball - black shirt with a circle of white paper with the #8 - until I read that you already had an idea in mind. Can't wait to see both of your costumes.

And you could send Aleah our way to potty train Andrew. Thanks ;)

Holley said...

Ha, ha! Alida is trying to potty train herself too. In fact, she is wearing underwear this very moment (screamingly insisted on it) and I'm crossing my fingers she doesn't pee all over my carpet!