History was made on Sunday...I watched the
Sound of Music for the first time in my life. There was nothing else on t.v. and decided to watch it while I played around on the Internet. I recognized almost every song during the coarse of the movie and now know where they come from and can give blame where blame is due when I can't get these songs out of my head.
One such song is "A Few of my Favorite Things." I would like to share some of my favorite things...
- When we sit down for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and Aleah gets our attention and then folds her arms wanting to pray.
- Biting into a fresh garden tomato right off the vine.
- When I come home from work and am greeted by the most adorable smile from my daughter that melts my heart.
- Watching Fox News 24/7!
- Summer winding down and Fall making her entrance (my favorite time of year).
- Having a religious discussion with my wife and likening it to the state of our nation with the Signs of the Times.
- Playing on my new Blackberry Tour.
- Coming home to a beautiful wife and daughter and soon to be son who love me.
- When my wife comments on my political blog and then we talk about it.
- Gardening and taking care of the yard.
There are many, many, more things that are my favorite in this world, but this will suffice for now. But probably my most favorite thing of late happened tonight. When I was about ready to put Aleah in her crib for the night she was cuddling with me and then she looked at me, folded her arms wanting to say her prayers. We said a little prayer, gave me a kiss on the cheek, and gave me the biggest smile! I set her in her crib, her blanky cuddled in one arm, her teddy bear in the other, and asleep for the next 12 hours. So precious!
1 comment:
Ahhh. That little girl melts my heart. Love her.
Post a Comment