After having between 3 and 11 house guests since June 30th, the house feels very empty. The last of my family left at 6:15 this morning to head back to Italy. Evan left for work at 6:45. It's 7:15 and I'm not quite sure what to with myself. Yeah right! It's cleaning time!!
Today is our anniversary. Three years. Yea us!
I went back to work four weeks ago. I am working about 10 hours a week. It's a nice little break from home but I miss my baby like crazy while I am away. So it's good for us. Evan started training this week for Verizon. I can't even begin to tell you how absolutely thrilled I am to have benefits again.
Aleah is now three months old. She weighs 14 pounds 14 ounces and is 25 inches. That girl is growing like no tomorrow. It's fabulous. She's such a happy baby. Ahhh, I just adore her.
The sister I visit teach lost her 15 year old son in a car accident on Saturday morning. I've been filled with sorrow ever since. I'm so, so sad for them. I can't imagine. I'm so grateful that God is loving and has a plan for us. If there was no such plan, life would have no purpose.
I tell you what. I sure love all the wonderful people in my life. And I'm going to miss my brother Kevin and his family like crazy. Good news is that they have been converted to Utah. No small feat!
Okay, now it's time to clean!
p.s. The corn is recovering! (see garden post below)
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary!
I am glad you are enjoying getting out of the house and working a little. Also, glad that you have benefits again. That is great.
I can't believe she is already 14 pounds! Mathew is 13 months and on ly 17.5 pounds!
It sounds like you have had a lot of emotional ups and downs lately. I hope things can even out. anniversary, baby, death, visitors, missing family- it's a lot to deal with!
Kristel & Ev, I miss you guys. When you're tired of being too alone and need family time again, call me! I need to see my little niecy again too.
So sorry about the boy who died. I feel very sad for them and I can't even imagine that either. Take care.
Post a Comment