April 04, 2008

Evan Has A Heart Attack!

A letter from the benefits administrator of Convergys Corporation (my previous employer):

"Re: Termination of CobaraServ Services with Convergys Coroporation

"Dear Evan Scoresby,

"This is to advise you that your sponsoring employer has discontinued the use of CobraServ as their COBRA Administrator for your COBRA continuation coverage. Your account with CobraServ was/will be closed as of March 31, 2008, and monies remaining in your account after disbursements of current premiums due to the sponsoring employer will be refunded to you."

After reading this I seriously about had a heart attack! I mean my wife is having a baby in less than three weeks, and it's NOT a good time to lose insurance benefits! After an instant message discussion with my previous boss, a phone call to Convergys HR Direct and CobraServ we are still covered! Whew! I guess these letters were sent in error and that our account wasn't closed. What a freakin' relief! Will my baby ever come?

2 comments:

let's grow old together said...

OMG!!! wao, that's scaaaaryyyy.
good thing that you still cover.
if not, dont worry we will raise money to help you with the bill.

BLADERUNNER said...

I would have had a heart attack too.

Lucky! (say it like Napoleon)