I was talking with a friend today (Brandi Sonderegger for those who know her) and she said the last few weeks of her pregnancy she felt she was just wasting space. She could hardly move and sat on the couch for hours at a time. She felt a lot of pain and pressure and the Doc told her she would deliver early. She didn't. She delivered a few days after her due date.
So now I know how to describe how I feel. I'm wasting space. The pain has hit hard. I'm not walking all that well. I called a nurse today and she said that some women feel a lot of pain when the baby drops and there's not much that can be done except have the baby. According to Brandi's experience, it could still be weeks! So for now I'm sitting on the couch wasting space. The only thing I do is get out of bed and go to work. And even those things are becoming more rare. Thankfully I have only a week left of work. So only a few more days of holding onto the wall as I walk down to the waiting room to get a client. Then I'll really be wasting space. Evan getting homemade meals has become a thing of the past. My hair will probably be in a pony tail until the end of April (or maybe even the rest of the year). And making the bed consists of getting in a unmade bed at night and pulling the covers over me.
I hope I will feel like I'm contributing again when our daughter is born. Though meals may continue to not be made and bed covers may continue to be neglected, will I still feel like I'm wasting space?
8 comments:
I hope the Stargate movies you snatched from me have helped you through this time of need. ;-)
Yes, they have Barb! Bless your heart. I'm almost done with Season 1.
Oh Kristel, I am so sorry - Let's hope for an early baby
Time to start on the caster oil :)
my doc told me the same thing. She thought I would deliver at 37 weeks, Samuel came 2 days late. BUT, maybe the baby will come fast. I know one thing for sure - once she's here, you'll forget how long this last month seems!
Hey Kristel. Hang in there woman! When I last saw you I totally thought you'd go early, but I guess you never know!
It'll all be over soon honey.
You won't have time to feel wasted. That's a good thing, right?
Kristel- It feels like forever but it will soon be just a memory. And then they grow up so fast! My little guy is already 9 months and Gracie is almost 3. Soon it will all be behind you and you will be posting pics of her all over your blog. You'll make it!
Post a Comment