April 30, 2012

Aleah is 4!

We told Aleah last year that she could have a friend birthday this year. And all year long she never let us forget it. She was SO excited to have a "Tangled" party and SO excited her friends were coming to her party.
This was Aleah's reaction to her cake.  All day long I heard "mommy, I LOVE my cake."  So cute!

Of course Aleah had to wear her Rapunzel dress.  The cake tower is made out of a paper towel roll and a sugar cone.

And of course we had to serve the food out of frying pans!

My mom read a Tangled story to the kids while they snacked.

I thought it would be clever to use helium balloons as lanterns and we could all let them go in the sky at the same time to mimic the lanterns in the movie.  Well, according to Aleah it was "not a good idea."  Not only was it not a good idea then, but apparently it still is not a good idea as she brings it up every day.  Note to self- kids do not want to lose their balloons to the sky, regardless of how clever the mother thinks she is.

Is their anything cuter than 4 year olds???????

Our painting project.  Bubble painting.  Super fun.
Aleah was fine with blowing out candles.  She was absolutely not okay with cutting the cake as she wanted it to remain in tact.  She finally consented when I agreed to leave the corner with the tower untouched.

My happy, happy girl at the end of her party.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I love how excited she is when she first sees her cake. How cute!!

K-Krew said...

You did an AWESOME job on the cake! I love the frying pan idea. And I love 4-year-olds - I'm teaching Andrew's CTR4 class now.