May 16, 2010

House Stuff

We've had 6 showings and 3 offers. Pretty good odds, eh? The first two offers didn't have financing. The third offer was cold hard cash. Yep. And because they had cash, they thought they had the upper hand and we would take any offer they gave. Several thousand less is what their offer was. They offered basically the same price I bought the house at 5 years ago. Yeah.... right. We aren't that desperate. So after several counters, they went on their little merry way to pester someone else with their cash.

Meanwhile, it's kicking my trash to make the house spotless for showings. For that reason alone, I hope it happens quickly. But if not, I'll deal.

We are working on little projects right now too. The bathroom sliding door fell off it's hinges. Nice, eh? My man is the man! He can fix anything. So it's fixed but since he had to take out part of the wall to fix it (yep!), we now get to repaint.

The house we want is still for sale. And for those wondering how on earth we are going to afford it...... we will either pay less on that house or the same price that we pay now. Figure that one out!! We are also looking at buying this house:

:)

4 comments:

Suzer said...

Good luck with all of that! I know it's a pain in the butt. Hang in there.

Barb said...

I can't decide if you are serious about buying that house...

To answer your question about our yard: Since our house sits on a hill, the yard slopes in the back. There is a 2 1/2 foot drop from our back patio to the end of our property. It is not flat. Rich wants a flat yard to play in. So we built the retaining wall. It is 2 1/2 feet tall. This will hold up all the dirt we are going to bring in to level out the yard. Does that make more sense? It took about 10 times of Rich explaining it to me, before it made sense to me...

Barb said...

Oh, and I think that picture makes our yard look longer than it really is. It's probably just the angle I took the picture at. It's 93 feet across to be exact.

This Place is a Disaster! said...

That wheel chair ramp should really come in handy, since you have a hearing loss and all . . . .