October 30, 2009

Halloween Traditions

We have been unable to celebrate halloween to the extent that we usually do, but we are still following the same traditions. I'm sure we'll be completely with it by next Halloween, but in the meantime, this years simpleness will have to do. Adding to our busy-ness and our soon to be baby-ness, my sister and her family surprised us by driving up to Utah on a day's notice to look for jobs and housing. They will be here for a few days. Yep, my whole family is migrating to Utah slowly but surely. Next to come (and last ones left) will be Kevin and his family from Italy!

In less than three days, my son will be in my arms. And unfortunately, the hospital is scared of swine flu and have created a whole bunch of rules for visitors. No kids. None. Like, none at all, not even to look through the glass. Two adults at a time, max. And absolutely no one who is showing any signs of any kind of cold, cough, illness, etc. So I think basically I'll be in the hospital all by myself for a week!!

But before the big D day, we still need to have Halloween. Trick or treating, here we come!

3 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

I don't believe in visiting people lin the hospital for babies anyway. I think women would more appreciate the chance to sleep, rest and relax away from most responsibilities before they jusmp back into things.
Enjoy your peace and quietness!

Kristel said...

Well now I know to not ever visit you in the hospital Melissa! I'm actually bummed. I like visitors, really.

K-Krew said...

If this year was simple I can't wait to see what next year brings ;)
Nice job on all the costumes and the pumpkins.

BTW - love those black leather pants. You go girl