May 22, 2009

Connections

Life is all about connections. We got married on a dirt cheap budget because of connections. Free flowers for the whole bridal party. Free wedding planner. Free dress alterations. Free maid of honor dress. Free cake. Donated stamps for the invites. Free updo. It's easier to get a job when you have connections. That's how I've gotten my last several jobs (with a couple of exceptions). I have some friends who have a connection with a BYU Drama professor. They get free tickets to plays. I'm still working on finding a connection for free plays. We got TONS of baby stuff through connections. Thanks to Suz we have a crib, high chair, exersaucer and numerous other goodies. I am extremely grateful for our connections!

And now we have a new connection. Barb, Evan's youngest sister, is in ultrasound school. :) You know what that means? Extra ultrasounds for us. I think most pregnant woman would agree that having an ultrasound is as exciting as it is a huge relief. Relief that the baby is doing well and on track. So a couple of days ago Aleah jumped down on my belly and bounced before I could get her off. It caused some pretty signficant pain that caused a bit of concern. It just happened to be that it was the same day we were going to meet Barb for another ultrasound. Barb could tell right off that baby was just fine. Everything was measuring well. Heartbeat was strong. And........she was even able to identify the GENDER!!! I'm only 15 weeks pregnant and I know what I'm having! :) But Evan doesn't want me to tell yet til our official ultrasound at the doc in 5 weeks. So you all have to wait! Thanks Barb for being our great new connection!

8 comments:

Kim said...

I can't wait to have another baby around to spoil rotten

jennaloha said...

That's too mean! You can tell us before then, right? No one ever talks to us so we won't spill the beans:)

Kelli said...

That's an awesome connection! Any pregnant mommy would love to have free extra ultrasounds.

Congrats again on the coming baby.

Also- way cute picture of your family on the side bar.

Barb said...

You're welcome. So, how did you get all those connections for your wedding? Please share. (Not that I'm planning anything... :)

Berta said...

CONGRATS, you guys - I didn't know. Barb is so smart and 'doing her thing' - that is a definite perk in the family (ultra sound). Your family is SO cute. "High-fives all around"!

Anonymous said...

My grandfather always says, "it isn't what you know, it's who you know that matters."
I'm all about connections, great deals, someone else's cast offs, we must compare our loan/borrow lists :)
I am so excited to see another beautiful babe!

K-Krew said...

Wowsa! I go off the computer for a couple of weeks and look at what I miss. Congratulations. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Look forward to hearing more updates.

Aaron and Emily said...

Free ultrasounds? Lucky duckies! I thought free disneyland was so cool, until I realized how much ultrasounds cost, and we did about a half dozen with our 2nd pregnancy because of "complications."