January 23, 2008
Recovering from Dr. Dave
Back in November 1999 when I returned from my LDS mission I had to go to the dentist. While on the mission I had to get a root canal done and they only put a temporary crown on that would need to be changed to a permanent crown when I got home. After the x-rays I also had ten cavitiies that needed to be done. Since then I've had several more cavities and five or six root canals with crowns. I've lost count. For the past year and a half I've been problem free with my teeth! Just regular check ups and cleanings. It's been nice. That is until Christmas 2007 while eating a strawberry twizzler a piece of a molar came off. I finally had it corrected today...another crown. Luckily I didn't need a root canal, but who knows what the future will bring. I hate going to the dentist and believe it or not the actual procedure for a root canal and crown isn't the worst part. It's the shots that go into the gums to make you numb from pain. Once that's done and numbed up it's all good. I am going to be very sore this time after the numbing effect wears off because since it was a month since my tooth chipped off the gums had time to grow over the dentist had to remove some of the gums. So now I'm just chillin' at home recoving from the work Dr. Dave (aka the dentist) had done. This will no doubt go towards another Hawaiian vacation for him and his family this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We love Dr. Dave!
I don't love him. I think he is a rip off. When we compared dentist bills, Dr. Dave charged TWICE the amount my Dentist charged--TWICE!!!
And babe, you really want people to know how many cavities you've had?
Well fortunately for us we get the friends and family discount. AND he is a darn good dentist, and one of our best friends.
Ev, you probably have bought him a new car by now.
By the way, the last cavity I had fixed, the regular shots weren't working. After about 5 of them and drilling into my teeth with pain, he finally got out the super mega shot. I was numb for a long time. I just love going to the dentist!
Post a Comment