I'm not really big on surprises and had no idea why on earth she would've bought me a present, but I played along anyway. So Kristel first gives me a card. I open it. Something falls out that looks like a thermometer. I ignore it and read the card that said, "Evan - Congrats! You are going to be a daddy!" We're having a baby! I freak out and start attacking my wife (good attacking) and celebrate the moment. 
After recomposing myself I found out what really fell out of the card - the pregnancy test that Kristel took. In addition to the card (which by the way had a picture of a baby on the front that should've been a dead give away) Kristel gave me a book called "She's Having a Baby, and I'm Having a Breakdown." It's about what every man needs to know and do when the woman he loves is pregnant. So far it's been pretty entertaining.
It's still really early in the pregnancy and we were going to wait a little longer to start telling people, but we couldn't hold it in any longer! So come this Spring Kristel and I may have a "chunky little Evan" running around the house!
8 comments:
Are you serious?! That's awesome guys!! I'm glad you finally consumated your marriage! (That's what dad told us when we told them we were going to have our first baby!) Congratulations!
I'm so excited! Congratulations! You haven't told us when you are due????
Sometime in the Spring 2008!
Congrats Ev and Kris- I guess that after 20 years of marriage according to dad that we havnt consumated our marriage then. But we sure have had a great 20 years trying. Congrats!
Didn't you just announce it to the world by posting it on your blog?? Congrats! That's fantastic!
Thanks everyone! We are very excited. And yep, we basically announced it to the world but no one else reads our blog but the Scoresby siblings. So I think we are safe :)
Kristel & Evie, I'm so excited for you both. Yeah! I guess you'll be able to get us back for all of the babysitting you've done for us now. mmmmwwwwaaahahahahahahahaha And of course you know that we'd love to do it, too. Good luck for the next few months!
WE are also very very excited for you! Enjoy your trip!
Post a Comment