My dad's side of the family is HUGE! Growing up, we used to have extended family reunions every summer, but now only have them every other year...if that. On the off years, my immediate family has a reunion with just all of my mom & dad's kids and their families. This year Kristel and I along with Steve and Keri were in charge.
The reunion was held from July 5-8th, 2007 at the Homestead (parent's house). It was really an ideal place to get together because my dad has done so much to the home and yard. He just got done building a club house for the grandchildren, a gazeebo, firepit, new kitchen, pool table, waterfall and pond, and not to mention the huge yard with big tall trees everywhere.
Kristel and I actually left for my parents house on the evening of July 3rd. We wanted to be there for Independence Day and to get things ready for the reunion. We planned to have a geocaching day, but wanted to plant our own caches. We introduced a lot of the family to geocaching and think they enjoyed it for the most part. In addition to geocaching we also spent a day at Heise Hot Springs & Pool in Ririe, Idaho and participated in Rummy and Ticket To Ride game tournaments (of which I won both, but prizes went to Blake and Jenna for 2nd place). Mom and Dad even put together a humanitarian service project!
Oh, and we can't forget about the karaoke jam where the mic was hot all night! Dad even sang along with Barb on several songs! Ashley rocked out to "I'm a Believer" and Brad with "Soul Man." I toned things down with "Making Memories of Us" and "Bless the Broken Road." We are a karaokeing family!
Since there aren't enough rooms in the home to hold every family, a majority of us slept in tents on the yard. Some even brought campers to sleep in! Kristel and I decided that we need a bigger tent because our little two manner isn't quite big enough to be totally comfortable. Plus it was a pain trying to move around in there when there wasn't any room to do so.
We ended the reuion by going to mom & dad's church for Sacrament Meeting. We took up 2 1/2 full benches in the Chapel.
It was really neat to have everyone there (except Jenna who was in Utah for her brother's wedding). After almost a week in Idaho it's good to back in my own home with my own bed! I decided not to go into work today because I NEED a day to recover from last week before getting back into the swing of things. No more vacations for Kristel and I until September when we go to Italy, but that's only a couple of months away! We need to get planning!!!
3 comments:
Great job putting it together! It was such a fun time with all the activities. Superb job!
You're welcome! Too bad you were sick on Saturday to go geocaching with us!
Thanks for the fun time Ev! Meg was sick on Monday! :-( Oh well I guess as a family you must share everything.
Post a Comment