June is nearly gone. I'm taking off to California the day after tomorrow to say goodbye to my grandmother whose health is failing. So I know I won't be on the blog for a bit. Just gotta record a couple of events so that I can remember what I need to post when I get back.
Since Verizon is RIDICULOUS (I'll save the details on why for another day), Evan was not able to take a weekend off to go with the kids and I to Park City. So I convinced my sister and her kids to come with us. It was SO fun. Her kids do not get to go do things very often so they were loving every second (mostly, her middle child is like her and something has to be REALLY entertaining to keep her brilliant mind engaged). We stayed in a condo. I'm telling you. That's the way to vacation! This is my third condo trip and I most definitely prefer it over a hotel. Crazy enough, they have been the same prices or cheaper than hotels.
We just happened to go to Park City over Father's Day weekend. Evan said all he wanted for father's day was uninterrupted Evan time. He got it. Ever hear of a father who wanted a break from being a father on father's day? Hahha. Yeah, that's what I want for mother's day too. Usually after church on mother's day I lock myself in my room and read a book!
This past weekend was the Olsen Family Reunion, conveniently located up Hobble Creek Canyon. So I got to avoid being there while still being there. It was AWESOME! What was not so awesome was a little incident I had with Joshua in which he fell in water and in which I fell in water trying to get him. It stops my heart to think about it. But it all ended well. I recovered from my fall quickly and pulled J to safety quickly and found my CI which had been knocked underwater and even my drowned phone was resurrected. Whew. But I still have in my brain the image of his look of horror as he thought he was sinking under water.........How can anyone's heart survive parenting?? That was most definitely a thank you Jesus moment.
Yesterday, the four of us actually got to spend some time together. Amazing. We took advantage of our Pass of all Passes (that we got for only 10 bucks out of pure luck) and went to 7 Peaks. I haven't been since my college days, which apparently must have been a long time ago because A LOT has changed at 7 Peaks!
Right now my mom is in Syracuse to help Anyi with a root canal from hell. She's cutting the trip short to get to Cali to be with her mom. I'm afraid this might be it for Grandma Hand. My mind has been flooded with memories of her all day. What a blessing that families live beyond mortality.
1 comment:
Evan likes a lot of uninterrupted time - birthday, father's day! Ha! Sorry to hear about your grandma, but glad you get to go to Cali and be with her. Be safe.
Post a Comment