- Kristel's cochlear implant and her having a better quality of life!
- Beginning the road to retirement with One24 - click here to learn more.
- Dropping fifty more pounds to get to my goal weight of 200! Herbalife is helping me get there.
- Hopefully taking a trip to Dallas for the Glenn Beck's event of Restoring Love.
- Taking some camping trips with the family.
- Sitting on the beach for the month of December 2012!
This kind of message was right up my alley. I've been on this personal development quest for several months now and have read/listened many books about having the right frame of mind, having a positive attitude, etc. Having a positive attitude in my opinion the most important. At the beginning of my lesson I referenced a children's book called "Rise and Shine" which was very applicable and easy to understand. It is a great book and going forward this year will be my daily mantra. The book reads as follows:
Rise and shine! Get out of bed!Isn't that just great! Seriously, I've seen it in my own life - when I have a positive attitude my day is so much better when I don't. I am going to strive and have a more positive attitude this year taking it one day at a time, which if I can pull it off, will help me achieve my goals! Happy New Year!
It's time to wake, you sleepyhead.
Open your eyes and pull back the cover.
There's a world out there for you to discover!
Yesterday was a good day,
But today's the best of all.
For if your attitude is right,
Your problems will be small.
Look outside your window,
Enjoy this brand new day!
Many adventures await you,
But first you plan the way.
Your thoughts, your attitude are the key.
For you can determine how you'll be.
So will you be helpful, kind and free?
Or will you think selfish and only of "me"?
Every day will be real bright.
When you attitude is right.
So will you laugh and make it fun?
Or will you burden everyone?
Are you filled with joy and hope?
Or will you slump and moan and mope?
Will you be patient and understand?
Or will you complain as loud as you can?
Now have some fun - head out the door.
This great big earth you can explore.
Start out the day this way each time,
And all your life you'll rise and shine.
5 comments:
What beach will you be sitting on? May I join you?
Here, Here!!
Wait, maybe it's "Hear, Hear!"
I'm thinking the Virgin Islands, and yes! You are more than welcome to join us!
Or is it "Hear here?"
"What you hear here, stays here..."
Post a Comment