October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

Kristel and I love Halloween! We also love decorating our porch and house. We probably have more Halloween decorations than we do Christmas! I try to totally deck out our porch each year, and I try to add something each year. I try to make it as scary - yet inviting - as possible. Here's a quick video of our porch this year...



Kristel insists on making our costumes each year, which usually stresses her out, and if I try to suggest we buy them, she won't hear it. This year we decided to Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein:


Our costumes were actually very easy to put together this year. Our kids on the other hand caused Kristel some anguish and tried her patience and she questioned her sewing skills. I think Mike Wazowski and Sully from Monster's Inc. turned out great!




We also hosted the 3rd Annual Halloween Party where my brothers and sisters with their families come over for food and games. This years' theme: Monster Mash. The kids played passed the pumpkin (kind of like musical chairs, but with a pumpkin) and as they got out they went on a scavenger hunt to find all the Frankensteins and reap their reward.

With everybody, we played Killer Wink where one person is selected as the "killer" and you mingle. If the killer winks at you you die a horrible death by making a big scene. Minglers try and guess who is masquerading as the killer.

We also had a Frankenstein piniata and everyone brought a "monster" appetizer. There was a contest for best food and costumes. Overall, I think it turned out pretty well. Hopefully, next year I will be a little more involved - I felt bad having Kristel do most of the planning.


Here's a couple of still shots from the porch...




HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! Now it's time to prepare for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

3 comments:

Kevin K-1 said...

wow, what an awesome job guys!!!
kristel, the costumes are fantastic!

Aaron and Emily said...

Those costumes are amazing, Kristel!

K-Krew said...

Love your costumes! You ROCK!