I love having a garden. We didn't have one last year because we moved in July 2010 and left our little garden in the hands of the new owner. It was to late to plant at our new home in Springville. This year I planted some onions, tomoatoes, green peppers, corn, peas, cucumbers, raspberries, and pumpkins! Here's a couple of pictures of the end pickins of our garden:
Kristel super duper excited about her 12 pumpkins!
A BIG box of tomatoes of which came six jars of spaghetti sauce and six jars of salsa that my amazing wife made! Our onions, and pumpkins too.
A few of our raspberries. I planted starters this year, so we didn't have many come on so I'm really looking forward to next year!
I plan on expanding the garden next year and utilizing my space more effectively. Having a garden helps my goal of being self-sufficient. Over the winter I'll be learning to build my own power plant for my house (i.e. solar panels/wind turbine)! I'm done with having over $300 power bills!!! I'll keep ya up to date on how that works out for me.
I'm going to miss biting into a freshly picked tomatoe and cucumber and snacking on some peas and raspberries. I won't miss the constant weeding - there must be a better way - on my list to research over the next few months. Goodbye fresh garden prooduce! See you next year!
5 comments:
Yes, keep us posted on your power self sufficiency!
are those pumpkins edible or just decorative?
yes, they are edible. but we'll just use them for decorative purposes. maybe we'll roast some of the seeds :)
awesome garden. I hope ours turns out too. You'll have to tell me about the solar panels and wind turbine. I am so curious to know how that turns out!
I love my pumpkins!
Post a Comment