I can't believe that it's almost been one year since we moved from Provo to Springville! We have loved our new home, the neighborhood, neighbors, and Ward. It truly feels like home and when thinking about our previous place in Provo doesn't...isn't that interesting?
A couple of weeks ago during Fast & Testimony meeting at Church, I was compelled to share my testimony. The first time since moving. After I was finished and sat down I got the distinct impression that I would soon be getting a call to serve in the Church. I have been serving as Congregant faithfully, happily, and with the utmost content. This last Saturday night I got a call from the Stake Executive Secretary to meet with the Stake President yesterday. You guessed it...I got a Church calling. Effective this Sunday I will be sustained and ordained Second Counselor in the Elders Quorum. I happily accepted...
...with concerns. I explained to the Stake President that I work in retail and my schedule varies from anytime from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. at night and don't know how much time I'd be able to dedicate during the week. I also explained how Kristel wanted to cut back at her work to be home more with the kids and take care of her family. My Stake President was impressed to share something with me. I'm paraphrasing, but he basically said that as I magnify this calling, make it a priority, that doors will be opened to me where I could transition I guess to different employment that would allow me to serve and provide the financial resources to support my home and family! Isn't that awesome?!
I've been getting really burned out at work and have started doing some entrepreneuring stuff wanting to work for myself from home. I don't like my job and would like to quit and find something else that I actually enjoy doing and the Stake President gave me a way to make it happen! I will put my trust in his promise, make my priority this calling, and wait and expect doors to be opened to me. I gotta knock though and do my part. Knowing this made going into work today a little more bearable.
www.slackersolutions.com
2 comments:
Cool, Ev. Excited to see what happens for you.
Congratulations! It sounds like there are some exciting changes coming to the Scoresby family! We love watching your family grow :)
Post a Comment