April 25, 2011

In honor of Kevin

Happy 35th Birthday dearest brother! This blog post is dedicated to YOU! My 35 favorite memories of Kevin:




1) Stealing pop-ups at pic-n-save together (though I am pretty sure it was you stealing and me just standing there with my mouth wide open)




2) Swinging in the tree house in the Riverside back yard before you almost burned it down




3) Going on bike rides to the secret fort who knows how far away from our house




4) Getting off the bus stop at the stop past our house so no one would see where we lived




5) When we were in the same science class in high school and after I would save my assignment on the dinasour computer, you would open the file, enter your name on the same paper, print it off and turn it in. The teacher never realized we had identical reports written by me for the entire school year




6) Ditching school when we first moved to Hemet and playing Nintendo




7) When you and Alex tried to teach me how to drive stick shift and I drove Alex's car off the cliff. We had to be rescued by the sheriff and tow truck. Oops.




8) Being the scorekeeper on the swim team just so I could hang out with you :)




9) Me constantly telling you off about something or other




10) Hanging out with the missionaries together and teaching Lacie and Dana the Gospel




11) Making fun of dad together




12) You going to seminary with a pillow and sleeping during the entire class




13) The Deavers drawing pictures making fun of all the seminary students and of course they drew you sleeping




14) You sending me roses for Valentines day when you found out I didn't get anything




15) Your random Christmas presents




16) The present you gave me that had the definition of my name in a frame. That was nice of you.




17) You always wrapping your presents in loads of newspapers and masking tape.




18) Venting to each other with a parent took money from us. Again.




19) Sending you off to the MTC. I was so proud of you.




20) Having several of your companions write me or look me up when they came home. That was fun.




21) Going to Italy with you and Kyle before you got married




22) The Carl's Jr trips that we frequently made




23) The awful way you made fun of all your girlfriends....when you were dating them




24) Within days after coming home from my mission and you took me out to breakfast




25) Staying with you in San Diego and going to the Singles ward with you. When you finally understood how I was a dork magnet.




26) Having all my friends be in love with you in every phase of my life, whether they knew you or not. Whew, glad that's over!




27) Knowing you would always protect me from bully's and mean girls and the world.




28) Watching your water polo games.




29) Going to the park as little kids and riding our big wheels thinking we were pretty cool stuff.




30) Watching you with your kids. You are a good father.




31) Playing board games, especially Monopoly and laughing at how angry you get.




32) Spending old 4th of July's playing with our cousins in Riverside and going to the cemetary for the Hemet 4th of July's. Seriously?




33) The way you imitate mom's famous "it's going to be a humble Christmas."




34) Being jealous of all the friends you had and how charming your were and then learning to like me for me and appreciate you for you.




35) Being in the Temple with you when I went through the first time.

2 comments:

Kevin K-1 said...

I love it SIS! its one of the greatest gifts u gave me. I had forgot about the copying homework in Science class :)
It made me emotional for a moment. It means alot to me, especially since we are so far apart. Thank you sis , I love you.....

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous post! I have to say #5 was one of my favorites...it just proves my theory that not every paper written gets read!
This is a treasure! It gave me some fun insights about you.
XOXO