
Aleah and Joshua continue to expand my heart at the same time as strengthening my patience (or maybe testing my patience would be more accurate). Stinkers. Adorable stinkers. Joshua is so determined to climb up the pantry shelves, the oven and any thing remotely resembling a box or step. He is convinced that playing in the toilet is the ONLY way to get a thrill and that diaper changes are a form of child abuse he must resist. And he's totally in love with his mama. The boy steals my heart. Yesterday he held my hand, just to hold it. He comes up to me frequently throughout the day to give me a bear hug. He puts his arms around me and buries his head in my neck as if that's the safest place on earth. I love it. Sigh.
My Aleah is on a mission to destroy every single book we own. She's fascinated by the binding and does all she can to break the binding, therefore breaking the book. She's become completely dramatic and feigns heart break if I ask her to help clean up or put on her shoes before going outside or to wait 5 minutes for dinner or to stop pushing Joshua or any other thing she doesn't feel like doing. Literally, she falls apart and starts sobbing. With no tears. If I distract her from her current wo, she lights up in mere seconds with joy and laughter. Drama. Drama. Drama. She tells me almost daily that she loves our house, her room, her shopping cart and her mommy. Sometimes, she grabs my face with both hands and kisses the tip of my nose. Then she says- "I got you." Sigh.
My Aleah is on a mission to destroy every single book we own. She's fascinated by the binding and does all she can to break the binding, therefore breaking the book. She's become completely dramatic and feigns heart break if I ask her to help clean up or put on her shoes before going outside or to wait 5 minutes for dinner or to stop pushing Joshua or any other thing she doesn't feel like doing. Literally, she falls apart and starts sobbing. With no tears. If I distract her from her current wo, she lights up in mere seconds with joy and laughter. Drama. Drama. Drama. She tells me almost daily that she loves our house, her room, her shopping cart and her mommy. Sometimes, she grabs my face with both hands and kisses the tip of my nose. Then she says- "I got you." Sigh.
3 comments:
Joshua looks so intense, watching what his big sister is doing!!
Just when you thought your house was baby-proofed... along came Joshua!!! Lol
I love those kids! Cherish those moments because they're gone too quickly! Except for playing in the toilet types of moments. :-)
Oh I love this one! Your kids will love looking back on this too. And our little guy just stopped playing in his own personal water park so there is hope ;)
Post a Comment