February 08, 2010

How To Price Match!

Since I got two comments to my last post within an hour of posting asking how to price match, I may as well explain it in a new post!

Go through all the ads, ALL of them. Albertsons. Smiths. Buy Low. Target. Walgreens. Etc. Write down the good deals. You have to match the specific item so you may want to write down details. For example, Nabisco crackers (wheat thins, triscuits, etc) were on sale at Macey's (I think) for $1.57. I wrote down what type of crackers and the ounces listed in the Macey's ad. I wrote down about 18 items from a variety of flyers.

Go to Walmart, get your food. Make sure the item you are price matching exactly matches the advertised one from the different store. I separated my price matched items from my non price matched items. I told the clerk which groceries were being price matched. And one by one, we go over the price. So I told her $1.57 for Nabisco crackers and she has the authority to give you the low price.

You can price match anything! Produce, generics (Western family brand prices match with great value brand prices), meats, dairy, etc. You know how with Smiths, you have to buy 10 things to get the good deal. For example, in this weeks ad, Goldfish crackers are 88 cents if you buy 10. But at Walmart, you can match the price without buying 10. You can just buy one and you get it for 88 cents! You can also use manufacturers coupons on top of price matching!

So today, I bought 63 food items. I paid $71.

Does that make sense?

Kim, my sister, says the clerks have the authority to price match anything that is less than 3 dollars in price difference. You don't need the ad. If it's above 3 dollars, the clerks have to get manager approval. You can price match non food items, like a DVD player. But it has to be the exact match and you have to bring in the ad.

5 comments:

Suzer said...

I need to get on this money saving train. Check out Savvyshopper.com. I think I might try it out.

Barb said...

Maybe I'll try that when I have a spare minute.

K-Krew said...

That's incredible!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

If walmart doesn't have the brand that is on sale (western Family, etc) then you just pick up the Great Value brand item and they will match it.

Anonymous said...

Good call! Thanks for explaining how it works!