July 29, 2009

No, the Bears Didn't Get Us.


Though there were signs all over the place saying "Bear Country" we luckily had no run-ins with the feared creatures during our recent camping trip. We did have 48 hours of pure outdoorness which was fabulous and exhausting. We enjoy camping. We aren't die-hards. But we enjoy it. Camping with a 15 month old however and being 6 months pregnant is really, really exhausting. Aleah absolutely loved it. She loved it so much that she totally wore herself out and went down easily in her play pen with no fuss. For those of you who know Aleah, you know this is a HUGE deal.

Our campsite was perfect. Number #44 at the Mirror Lakes Campground. We were practically on the lake and just had a gorgeous view of the water, trees and mountains. We went with my brother Kyle and his wife Anyi. It was so nice to have their help to chase Aleah around. Aleah has them wrapped around her finger, especially Aunt Anyi. Anytime Aleah wanted to go explore, all she had to do was pull on Anyi's hand or leg or finger, and Anyi jumped up and went exploring with her. Evan did most of the cooking (bless him), kept our fire going and even had time to fish. He's a good man to have around in just about any circumstance! Thankfully he brought our canopy so that when it rained we were still able to eat under cover. I definitely think Aleah has been converted to the great outdoors. We are hoping to make camping an annual tradition. Two nights was perfect, any longer and I don't think I would have been able to get up off the tent floor! Any shorter and it would have seemed like a waste to put everything up just to take it all down again! We are hoping next summer to convince Evan's siblings to come camping with us (hint, hint, hint)!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious memories! You're a good sport to take a toddler and baby in utero!
We're looking forward to our first (finally!) camping trip of the summer mid august - it took a long time to convert me to camping but I'm totally hooked now!

BLADERUNNER said...

Jealous. That lake looks so awesome and refreshing. It may be the fact that its 110 degrees here...

Suzer said...

That place does look great. A lot of lake spots in Utah are so dry and ugly and no trees. Fun! We'll go as long as Brad can come!

K-Krew said...

Looks like fun! If a pregnant woman can handle it I guess I can try it too ;) I'm not entirely converted yet but we're going to try it before the summer's through.

Richard said...

I think it would be so much fun!(this is Ri)

Unknown said...

i love camping! and i do check out evans blog occasionaly. i have to limit my intake of information or it makes me so frustrated and angry that i cant stand it! and i am sure we would talk for hours if we could since we are both talkers!

Barb said...

I'm speaking for Rich, but we'll come. :-)