February 22, 2009

Four Years


This post is inspired by my sister-in-law, Jenna. She blogged about her house history since marriage (hers is Maricopa Cabana if you want to read it). It got me thinking about our little house.

Flashback to Summer of 2004. I was living with my roommates in a townhouse on California Ave. The doorbell rang one evening, I answered and found myself face to face with reps from the Mortgage company that I would soon be working with. They hooked me up with a great broker, a good realtor and a whole lot of helpful information. Granted, they would be making a lot of money off me, so they were aiming to please.

I toured homes for six months. SIX MONTHS. Tons and tons of homes. Nothing quite worked out. Too big. Too small. Too expensive. Too ghetto. When I walked into this house, I didn't even have to look through it. I stood in the entry way and just knew it was my house.

February 2005 I moved in. Alone. No roommates. After 10 years of roommates, it was sure a change. I was not dating Evan when I first started looking for a house but by the time I moved in, we were pretty serious. He says now that he strongly encouraged me to buy a house though I don't remember it. He knew he would be moving in and he wanted a house to live in!

6 months later, we married (hopefully his intentions went beyond wanting a house to live in, haha). If I would have known I would be soon marrying, I don't know if I would have bought it because there is not a lot of space to grow. But every day, I'm thankful for this little house. We love it here. I especially love the windows because they let in such incredible light during the day. And I love light. I wish I could say I loved the carpet though. Maybe one day I'll say that!

So, here's to you, house! Here's to another four years! And hopefully, here's to new carpet soon:)

5 comments:

Kevin K-1 said...

congrats on your house anniversary!
little house? you should compare it to european standards!

ely

Barb said...

I love your house and I would buy something just like it!

K-Krew said...

Love your house! Hooray for a garage - no scraping ice/snow off your car everyday.

Anonymous said...

And we're so happy you moved in...and stayed! We just passed our 17 year anniversary in our house. 17 years!!! We've replaced carpet more than once...

Aaron and Emily said...

So do we get a virtual house tour? I have no idea what it looks like inside, or how big it is.