January 17, 2009

You know you are a new mom when.....

You forgot about an afternoon meeting that you scheduled yourself this morning.

You know more about diaper brands than you know about current events.

You feel overwhelmed that you have to be somewhere at 9 in the morning, or 10 or 11.

You think you are accomplished when you have showered, gotten ready AND cleaned something.

You live for nap time.

The best part of your day is hearing your baby say "mama." Or seeing her wide, one tooth, smile.

7 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

yup!

Barb said...

She has hair!
Evan, I want into you "You Wanna Piece of Me?"

Anonymous said...

Isn't the greatest?!?! Enjoy!

Suzer said...

ditto. We sure missed tending her. We'll help you out again whenever!

K-Krew said...

too true :)

Elicia said...

Amen! Ivy doesn't have teeth and isn't saying "mama" yet, but I'm excited for the day :) But I TOTALLY agree with everything else you mentioned. And you said in your comment on my blog that you weren't doing anything well these days, but I know that you're a great mom and that you love your little girl very very much. Other than that, the laundry and dishes can wait. She won't stay little forever. I tell myself this daily. And I recently listened to Elder Ballard's talk from last April's conference and it was such a great talk for young mothers. I love it. That along with Elder Wirthlin's talk from last conference are my favorites and keep me going these days. Aleah's such a cutie!

Sarah said...

So true! I love this!