An action shot of Aleah falling!
Despite my watchful eye, she falls (well, I understand that you can't protect them from everything and sometimes they need to fall) constantly. A day does not go by without some red mark somewhere. I'm sure when I was little, when I fell, I stayed down. Aleah falls, intantly gets back up and starts climbing all over again. I love that she is so resilient. Today was her first hard fall, against a wall corner, way tooooo close to her eye. She actually cried, my poor baby. But that lasted about a minute and then she was up climbing again. Of course I grabbed the camera to get a picture of her first real owie. She had a hard time holding still for the pic, she wanted to be on the move again!
Right after the fall.
After the red and swelling went down.
Aleah has become an expert at climbing up in her crib and reaching over and unplugging the monitor, pushing the stereo buttons and moving her mobile.
This video is of her crawling, climbing, crashing. But my favorite part is the imprint she leaves on the couch. Can you tell what it is?
8 comments:
I love the little handprints! She really is a tough girl. My Samuel always cries when he bumps around, and is a little more cautious. Adele was more daring, just wait til Aleah is on the playsets and the park. She will give you plenty of hard attacks. People will tell you "she just has to fall to learn" but Aleah sounds like she will just hurt herself and keep going!
"Why do we fall, Bruce? To pick ourselves back up."
Name that movie...
Cute!
Batman Begins!
Hey, know what?... I have the same green couchs in my apaartment! It is fun to to make designs on them!!:)
There have been times when I worried about taking my brood out in public! I am always worried someone will call social services on me. They always have bruises and scratches on them! Kids are so fun.
I am amazed at how big she has gotten, and how fast ... my goodness.
Hope you all are well.
What a cutie! I can't believe how much she's grown!!! I keep forgetting to check up on you guys because google reader doesn't check private blogs :( Glad you had a nice Christmas and that you're all doing well!
Post a Comment