All (except Kevin) of my family will be in town for Christmas. I'm really excited to combine old and new holiday traditions. This will be Anyi's first American Christmas and it will be everyone's first white Christmas (hopefully!).
I've been baking like crazy. Used over 18 cups of flour today. Wore out my poor hand mixer. It began sparking over the sugar cookie dough and finally just gave up. It was hours ago and the kitchen still smells like a blown up mixer!
Evan very much loves the holiday traditions in his family. When I asked him what he wanted me to bake for Christmas, he quickly stated "fudge, sugar cookies, peanut brittle and divinity." Alright, specific. That's what mom Scoresby always makes. So we'll see how much he gets this year. I really don't think I'm quite ready to attempt divinity though.
Since family will be staying in the office when they are here, Evan won't be able to play World of Warcraft all night. He is trying to get in every minute of playing he can before they arrive. I think I'm going to start a blog titled "Wives opposed to Warcraft." Ha, ha, my own W.O.W.
I'm grateful for Christmas. I love buying gifts for others. I love the lights. I love celebrating the birth of Christ. Less than a week away, bring it on!
5 comments:
I'm sad we can't be there too, but happy you guys get to spend this beautiful time together...
good luck baking, living up to a good mother-in-law cook is a big challenge!
ely
I think you should record her new little laugh she has going on!!! I'll miss you guys at home this year...
Sorry about your mixer! Sounds like you've got a fun Christmas ahead. Trust me - from here on out with Aleah it's just going to get more fun. I think I'm more excited about Christmas than my kids are. I can't wait to see how excited they get!
Amen! I am so excited for Christmas. I am trying not to make too much junk food. I cant wait to see our kids open their presents. We took them to the dollar store the other day so they could each pick out something for their siblings. They had an awsome time and I am so glad they wanted to do presants for each other. Kids totally make Christmas worth while!
Hope you got in all of the traditional Scoresby Christmas cookies. Nathan did the same thing to me in our first few Christmas together. I try to make most of the cookies he likes but sometimes he just has to deal with what he gets or wait until we get to Idaho :o)
Post a Comment