I called the "collections" agency to find out more about my alleged parking ticket. The guy that answered said he could not send me a copy of my ticket but he could tell me my violation over the phone. Apparently, it's for a ticket I got for parking too long in a 2 hour parking zone. When did I get it? Six and a half years ago!!! Yep!! The year 2002! I asked him why I have not heard anything about this ticket until now. He, very unpolitely, said "that's everyone's excuse."
He then said he needed to "verify" my information. He began asking questions-- name, address, phone number-- all of which he already had just to verify it was really me calling. Then he wanted to know where I worked. I ended the call there and said I would contact Provo City about this ticket. He was soooo disgusted with me! "Fine!" was his reply.
So next step, go to the City!
3 comments:
I'd be careful giving out information - it could be a scam.
sounds hinky to me - check with the officials is a good idea
I really hate some of the people who work at those places, I think they have to find some of the meanest nastiest people to work their to deal with people who really don't pay for tickets etc.
I'm sorry that happened to you. I had something like that happen to me with a bill at quadrupeled and I asked why and come to find out I never paid on the bill because I never go it, I got the month before, but not that months and they jacked up late fees ets with me. luckily I got them to take the fees off and they were a tiny bit nicer, not much. Either way not very fun.
Post a Comment