September 02, 2012

August


I do not know where it went but August is gone.  And I have just one picture to show for August existing.  Here is that one picture.  My silly kids playing in their pjs with the blocks.  They are playing together so cute these days.  Joshua follows Aleah along mostly.  They can crack each other up like no one else.  I'm so grateful they have each other.

Joshua has become soooo verbal over the summer.  He's speaking so well.  I'm very proud of him.  And of course it melts my heart on a daily basis as he expresses his affection to me.  He often tells me "I wuv you mommy."  During our frustrating moments I always have in the back of my mind a voice saying "be grateful for every single moment because there will come a day when they don't follow me around and don't want to cuddle up against me every chance they get."  For right now, I'm enjoying them thinking their mama is pretty great.

Aleah has also experienced growth to her communication abilities.  She has incorporated slang into her speech.  Seriously.  I hear the word "totally" several times a day.  She also says "that's cool" and "ahh man."  Hahaha.  She misses nothing and often asks me questions.  Just today I said out loud "I wasn't thinking when I just ate that piece of cantalope."  A few minutes later she asked "what do you mean you weren't thinking?  Why did you say that?"  She's "super duper" excited to start preschool on Tuesday. 

Other August happenings:
--We celebrated our 7th anniversary by going to Lagoon.  We are officially getting old because after four hours we were bored and ready to leave.
--The Walk4Hearing kickoff was held at the Hampton Inn in SLC, officially starting off fundraising for this year's walk.
--Aleahs' room has been rearranged multiple times
--I spent much of the month dizzy and in doctor's offices.  But I'm better now, thank goodness!
--Canning is well underway.  33 jars of peaches and 14 jars of spaghetti sauce are beautifying my cold storage.

No comments: