After we checked in at the time share, we hit the pool. And we didn't leave the pool for 3 days. Just kidding. We took some breaks and did some other things like going to the St. George Temple. I've always loved that Temple. The kids were totally uninterested in the visitors center. Actually, the Cristus statue scared Joshua like no tomorrow and he kept saying "Jesus scary, scary, Jesus scary." Poor kid was traumatized. When the speaker came on and Jesus started talking, that was the end for Joshua. The sister missionaries gave him a little picture of Jesus and he was much happier with that version. The kids loved running around the grass outside the Temple.
We also spent a lot of time at the playgrounds. Unfortunately I didn't get any swimming pictures! Don't know what I was thinking.
At night, we attempted to put the kids to bed in their own room and let them watch tv. It knocked Aleah out instantly every night. Joshua on the other hand......He usually wound up staying awake until at least 11 pm. Stinker. He just was not interested in sleeping. To keep him from waking Aleah, we gave him his own space.
We took the kids to the family fun center, which was not all impressive, but the kids love exchanging their tickets for cheap plastic toys. Aleah had her heart set on these pink vampire teeth. She got them and she wore them the rest of the vacation.
Don't let these little stinkers fool you. They were faking it in this picture. They needed sleep so bad but oh, they fought it! I do think it was cute though that they were holding hands while faking it. Haha.
Evan now says if I plan it, he'll happily oblige to my vacation plans. You know what that means.....the next trip is already being planned!





4 comments:
Aleah and those teeth crack me up!
Sounds like a fun vacation, except for the car ride. My kids fight sleeping in the car. I, on the other hand, am usually the first one to fall asleep - my version of switching off the surroundings ;)
so much fun! And we hope your next trip is to Syracuse!!
I'm glad you are converting Evan to immediate family trips. Those are our favorite. We love our extended family, but it's so important to have just "us" time! And it is So relaxing to not have anyone else tell you what you should be doing.
Post a Comment