August 06, 2009

On Our Way to California

Well we've been on the road for about an hour. I love technology! I recently added the Mobile Broadband Connect (MBBC) feature on my Verizon Wireless device, which turns my LG Dare into an Internet modem. I'm in the middle of nowhere, traveling south on I-15, and getting the Internet on my laptop. If you have Verizon Wireless and want this service let me know. I can hook you up with a month free.

We are going to California for my wife's sister's wedding. We decided to rent a mini-van due having to haul a bunch of stuff and people. It's a 2009 Toyota Sienna and very nice. Kristel's in love with it and am afraid that we'll soon have to get one of our own. She totally feels like a bad A%* sittin' there all smug and she enjoys the power and comfort of the mini-van. It's actually very funny.

Buffalo Bill's Resort and Casino is our destination for tonight about 45 miles south of Las Vegas. We usually stay in Mesquite, but decided to go a little further. We don't want tomorrow's drive to California to feel like forever. Kristel will be staying over a week while I get to come back on Monday and go back to work on Tuesday. It'll be good to have a nice little break away from work.

2 comments:

Tauna Isenhour said...

We swore we would never have a mini van and now it is almost paid off. We have a Dodge Grand Caravan SXT with the stow and go- I know that was the thing that sold me the most. James fell in love with the heated seats, dual control on the AC (which I loved while I was pregnant),6 disc dvd player,CD Player and a tape deck(that doesn't get used much.) but the main reson we got it was 0% interest. and when the rows are all flush in the ground it hals mor then his ford ranger which is cool. So you never know mini vans really aren't so bad. ours just took it's 4th trip to Florida with us.

Suzer said...

Mini vans get a bad rap but they are actually very roomy and do hold a lot. I prefer driving it than a car and over the pickup. It's mine! So much easier with little kids than anything else.