We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Kimball Junction, which was the perfect location. Close to Olympic Park and the Factory Outlets. We didn't have much time that first night to do much, but first things first we went out to eat. I was starving since I hadn't eaten all day saving my appetite for Tucanos.
The next day, we spent most of the morning and afternoon walking around the Factory Outlets. The weather was kind of stormy, but still pleasant...and in my opinion...perfect.
We returned to the hotel to rest for a while and then decided to hit up the indoor swimming pool and hot tub. When were were in California a couple of months ago we introduced Aleah to a swimming pool. It didn't go so well. Kristel and I were determined to get Aleah in the pool with us. It took a long time, but we did it!
After swimming, we were famished and got ready to go out to eat for my birthday dinner! I chose Ruby Tuesday. Again not Tucanos, but the 12 oz. Rib Eye steak was to die for. I was a little disappointed in the service due to the fact that we had barely dipped into our appetizer and salad when the main meal came out and trying to keep in all way from Aleah is another story in and of itself. She did like feeding herself the Mac n' Cheese, which she got ALL over her face, hands, table, and high chair. Wish we would've taken a picture of that one.
Back to the hotel to finish celebrating with presents and cake! For a while now Aleah has been able to produce farting sounds with her lips. Lately it has become louder and stronger.
Every year that I can remember growing up for my birthday my mother made me a "Scoresby Special" birthday cake. It's three layers of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry smothered in marshmellow frosting and sprinkled with coconut and colored sprinkles. Kristel has kept the tradition alive and even baked one this year! It was incredibly good.
It was a great birthday and am very thankful for a loving wife who loves to serve me and make me happy! I don't know how I got so lucky to have such an amazing, caring wife, but I thank God and my lucky stars each day for brining her into my life! Thank you Kristel (and others who wish to remain unnamed) for making this happen! I LOVE YOU!
5 comments:
Love you too babe!
Happy birthday Evan (late... I know..)
I am SOOOO jealous about the outlets!!!!!!!
Kristel, I see a little belly!! cute!
ely
Kristel IS amazing :) What a fun birthday weekend!
Aleah's face cracked me up. What a cutie!
lets go to tucanos together, we can celebrate both bday!
I hope you finally made it to Tucanos, since you seemed to miss it a lot.
Post a Comment